Payment & Financing Information
- Please be prepared to pay your copayment, deductible and any outstanding balances on the day of your appointment.
- Generally, all known fees will be collected at the time of check-in, however, it may take weeks for your insurance plan to process your claim and determine what additional portion of the charges they will pay for and what portion is your responsibility. Insurance companies determine the copayments, deductibles and other fees that providers are required to collect. Federal laws also require that our office collect copayments and deductibles determined to be the patient’s responsibility by Medicare.
- Contact lens fitting fees & refraction fees are generally not covered by insurances. Unless you have vision plan coverage that our billing staff determines will likely cover these
services, payment will be requested on the day of your visit.
- NOTE: Refraction is the term used to describe the test taken to determine your eyeglass or contact lens prescription. The basic refraction fee is $45.00. The fee associated with prism or multiple prescription refractions is $95.00. You will receive a five dollar discount for making payment on the day you receive your refraction. The associated charge is for performing the test, not providing the prescription.
- It is ultimately the patient’s responsibility to ensure that payment is made for all services provided. If you have questions or would like to speak with a member of our billing department, please ask one of our receptionists and they will arrange this for you.
- We accept most forms of payment and participate with many insurance programs. A nonsufficient funds fee of $40 will be added to your account balance in the event of a returned check.
*Download the Patient Information Packet here
We accept most insurance plans and they typically cover medical evaluations and treatment plans. Please check with your carrier and with your appointment scheduler for all questions regarding coverage.
Payment Methods Accepted
We accept the following payment methods:
|* Cash ($20 bills or smaller)||* Check|
|* Visa||* Mastercard|
|* Discover||* American Express|
|* Financing options available with approved credit|
At The Eye Institute for Medicine & Surgery, we work with our patients to offer flexible financing to make medical evaluations, treatments and surgeries accessible to everyone.
We have built a relationship with Wells Fargo to offer 6 or 12 month financing options with approved credit that allow you to pay over time with payments that fit into your monthly budget.
Follow the links below to learn more and apply for financing today.